May 22nd Tip Tig Workshop
Event Phone: 856-312-8166
May 22, 2017
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
AIDT Maritime Training Center will be hosting an welding workshop for the new Tip-Tig GTAW welding process on May 22 located at 360 Addsco Road in Mobile Alabama.
What is TIP TIG…?
The TIP TIG process is a semi automatic wire feed technology which creates a vibratory effect on the wire in addition to combining Hotwire current to the filler metal prior to entering the weld puddle.
The vibratory effect is created by a linear forward & backward mechanical motion created by the custom wire feeder system
The Hotwire current is created by a secondary power source within the TIP TIG unit.
- The Tip-Tig manual process offers numerous weld benefits and is far superior to the manual Tig process.
- The Tip-Tig process lowers weld sensitivity and can provide superior weld quality and much higher wire feed rates compared to manual TIG.
The process has been proven on all schedules of carbon and stainless steel and tested on Inconel 625, Duplex, Super Duplex, Titanium, Nickel and Copper Alloys with great success.
This process is helping companies weld at a very high speed and with the highest quality possible manually.
Why do I need to look at TIP TIG:
- Pipe Applications
- Needing more production of the GTAW process.
- Application requires 100% X Ray.
- Trouble with finding high skilled TIG welders.
- Having problems with distortion, spatter or quality issues.
- Wanting to decrease hexavalent chromium exposures from FCAW.
As a part of this workshop at the Training Center would like to invite interested contractors and customers to a demonstration on May 22nd from 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.
The day will start with a presentation about the process, cost savings and ideal applications where TIP TIG fits, Q&A then lunch.
Speaker will be from Juvenal Calvo who is the Vice President of TIP TIG USA.
The afternoon will be a pipe demonstration on a 6″ sch 80 CS pipe to show the process from root to cap in position as well as stainless fillet welds on T Joints.
- Opening Presentation 9:00 – 10:30
- Q&A 10:30 – 12:00
- Lunch 12:00 – 12:45
- Weld Demonstration 1:00 – 4:00
Lunch will be catered by TIP TIG USA
Please come out and look at this new exciting technology. You may contact Nick Corso (TIP TIG USA) or Tony Hopper (AIDT) for more information and to RSVP.
AIDT Project Coordinator
TIP TIG USA