Carbon Steel Welding Applications
TIP TIG welding is a unique process that allows for exceptional output, particularly when welding carbon steel. With good join ability, mild steel is easy to work with, and represents a cheaper solution that stands out for many customers. While overall weld ability decreases as carbon content rises, the overall strength and robustness when using the TIP TIG process.
There are a number of different benefits to using TIP TIG process for welding carbon steel compared to other methods such as MIG and manual TiG, including:
• Weld speeds of 10 to 45 inches per minute.
• Minimal hydrogen induced cold cracking.
• Lower effective welding temperatures.
• Production efficiency increases of 100-300%.
• Welding cost savings of 50% or more.